Labels

Saturday, February 20, 2010

List of songs I heard a year late

One of my favourite things about college was the fact that there were always setting suns or starry skies or rain that went so well with the music I was listening to. These days whenever I hear a song that I really like the images are all in my head and no longer right in front of me. But I'm happy that there are still songs that I haven't heard. Yet, every once in a while I hear a song that I know I would have listened to on repeat and driven a certain long suffering room-mate crazy with. So here's a tiny list of great songs that I missed out on in those 5 years, just to make myself feel happy.

1. Ten Million Slaves by Otis Taylor
This song has such a cool opening, I first heard it on the Public Enemies Soundtrack and it made me want to put on a checked shirt and run through some fields chasing outlaws. I would have so listened to it every morning before class.

2.Down by the Seaside by Led Zeppelin
I don't know how Z and I missed this song during all that time in college. But then again I was never very creative with my playlists. After a while I just got too lazy to even bother looking through the music that I already had on my computer.

3. Hey, hey, my,my AND My,my, hey, hey by Neil Young. Again, another example of classic laziness. Once I discovered Helpless I sort of decided that Neil Young couldn't get any better and overlooked his folder altogether. Boy, was I wrong.

4. Junkie Doll by Mark Knopfler. I think I've already gotten a little sick of it, but its on my phone now, to listen to once a day and wish I was lying on the hostel terrace not worrying about tomorrow.

So that's my list. Pretty pointless. But in any case - Sunsets, I miss listening to music with you.

No comments: