Labels

Monday, January 03, 2011

Hi/Bye

The waves came back last night. They'd been gone a really, really long time. I fell uneasily into a pillow of clouds and there they were. Big and green-grey and angry. Coming right for me. Everywhere I looked the towering sea, seemingly standing still like some huge glass statue, but moving so inevitably towards me.

Its so scary facing a wave, knowing that there's nothing you can do about it. Knowing that no matter how fast you run, you can't escape. Not knowing whether you want the moment to freeze forever so that you can delay what you know is going to happen a little longer, or whether you want time to speed up so that you're swallowed up all at once and meet a blissful oblivion, where its all over and you don't have to run anymore, or think anymore, or do anything anymore.

The waves were gone for a while, right about the time I met you actually, now that I think about it. You made them go away. But then I made you go away didn't I.

1 comment:

rorschach said...

you know what i do when a wave comes at me? i jump at it headfirst at then get thrown over and under until the splash is over. and then im back on my feet and i scream at the top of my lungs "WHO'S STILL STANDING BITCH?!? WHO'S STILL STANDING??"

Paradise Beach, Gokarna... biggest waves ive jumped into. but you were born in spring and i was born too late wasn't i? :)

love.